Barcode scanner is a common bar code reading device, also known as scan code gun, barcode scanner, etc. It has the function of reading bar code data, and is the strongest auxiliary equipment for barcodes. As long as it is a barcode, the barcode scanner can recognize it. Someone asked: Why does my scan code gun have a barcode that I can't recognize? But is it broken? . . . Not necessarily.
Barcode scanners can't identify the bar code. There are 21 possible possibilities. Please read the exclusion carefully.
The first possible reason:
1) The cable of the wired scanner is not connected;
2) The cable scanner cable is not connected to the computer;
3) The power supply of the computer is insufficient, resulting in the scanner not working;
4) Is the USB port and PS/ port of the computer normal?
5) The line of the wired scanner is broken;
6) The bald head of the wired scanner or the motherboard is broken.
Case 2: There is a line code scanner with light but cannot scan
1) The PS/2 scanner is connected to the mouse port;
2) The PS/2 scanner is correctly connected to the keyboard port, but the scanner is not connected to the PS/2 keyboard, and the scanner is not tuned to the PS/2 keyboard mode;
3) The PS/2 scanner is connected to the USB to PS/2 conversion line, but the chip of the conversion line is not good, often cannot be scanned or wrongly coded;
4) The cursor is not in the scanning area during scanning, and the computer occasionally pops up the window to change the position of the cursor during scanning;
5) The input method is not turned off during scanning, which may result in undetectable or wrong code;
6) The scanning code system is not turned on, and all the code switches can be turned on;
7) The bar code does not conform to the specification, for example, the necessary blank area is missing, the contrast between the bar and the space is too low, and the width and width of the bar and the space are not suitable;
8) The surface of the barcode is covered with a transparent material, and the degree of reflection is too high. Although the barcode can be seen by the eyes, the scanner cannot be read;
9) The scanned barcode is incomplete or severely damaged;
10) Direct sunlight or too strong light to make the scanner unable to scan;
11) There is a problem with the interface transfer, the interface may be broken, or the line of the scan gun may be broken;
12) The setting of the wired scanner is disordered. Open the scanner's manual to scan the factory settings barcode, usually “Restore Factory Settings”, “SET ALL DEFAULT”, “Initial Settings”, “Restore Defaults”, etc.
13) The serial port has not set the serial port number and baud rate;
14) When scanning the barcode, the distance is too far or too close, and the angle is too large;
15) Scanning very fine barcodes. Generally, the scanning accuracy of wired scanners is 5 mil or more. If your barcode is less than 5 MIL, please purchase a 3 MIL wired scanner.
The above is the solution to the situation that there is a line code scanner that can't scan, can't scan the barcode, and can't scan the barcode to the computer. Follow the above steps to check your barcode scanner in turn, until you find the problem. If you still can't solve your scanner problem, you may need to contact your supplier to resolve it.